SARL Stowaway – Terms and Conditions for Chalets Bleriot & Chiron
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, ‘visitor’ means the person named in the confirmation invoice.
1.1 Reserving the chalet online will form an agreement on these Terms and Conditions (the ‘Agreement’) between the Visitor and SARL Stowaway for the rental of :
either Chalet Bleriot Chiron (10 bedroom chalet), La Mulaterie, Chinaillon
or Chalet Bleriot (5 bedroom chalet), La Mulaterie, Chinaillon
or Chalet Chiron (5 bedroom chalet), La Mulaterie, Chinaillon
Which will be detailed on the Confirmation Invoice.
1.2 SARL Stowaway permits the Visitor to occupy the Accommodation for the period shown in the Confirmation Invoice together with the use of the furniture, fixtures and effects.
1.3 The Visitor will be responsible for all payments and for any damage, whether caused by the Visitor or his or her party. References to ‘party’ in these Terms and Conditions will include the Visitor’s family, servants, agents or guests. The Visitor is advised to make his or her party aware of these Terms and Conditions.
- A booking will become firm when a deposit of at least 20% of the holiday price has been received. Up to that time it will be a provisional booking and provisional bookings are normally held for a maximum of 7 working days.
3. Final Payment
- The full balance of the total holiday cost will be payable to SARL Stowaway in Euros not later than 8 weeks before the holiday begins. Reminders or receipts will not be sent unless requested and unless a stamped addressed envelope is provided. If the full balance is not paid on time, SARL Stowaway reserves the right to cancel the holiday booking, in which case the deposit will be forfeit.
- The reservation may be cancelled at any time by the Visitor giving SARL Stowaway notice in writing. A cancellation charge will be payable – 8 weeks before the holiday the deposit will be forfeit, less than 8 weeks before the holiday the full charge will be payable. On receipt of the written cancellation SARL Stowaway will endeavour to re-book the Accommodation and, if successful for the whole or part of the period, will refund the relevant proportion of the money paid, 75.00 Euros (seventy five Euros) to cover administration.
5. SARL Stowaway Right to Refuse/Alter
- SARL Stowaway reserves the right to refuse any booking.
- SARL Stowaway reserves the right to cancel or alter arrangements made for the Visitor (a) in any circumstance which arises from or is attributable to acts, events, or accidents beyond the reasonable control of SARL Stowaway or (b) where in the reasonable opinion of SARL Stowaway it is necessary to perform or complete essential remedial or refurbishment works. If a booking has to be cancelled by SARL Stowaway it will take reasonable steps to offer alternative accommodation. If SARL Stowaway is not able to offer such an alternative or the Visitor does not accept the alternative offered, SARL Stowaway will return to the Visitor the relevant proportion of the money paid by the Visitor to SARL Stowaway in respect of the Accommodation and will not otherwise be liable for any loss caused by cancellation or alteration.
6. Change of Booking
- There will be a fee of 75.00 Euros (seventy five Euros) for any transferred booking, and bookings may not be transferred within eight weeks of the Visitor’s holiday, or from one year to another. A transferred booking is a change in Visitor, or from one date to another. If the transfer requested also involves reducing the length of the holiday, it will be regarded as a cancellation.
7. Visitor Accommodation Limitation
- Occupation must be limited to the maximum number of persons for the Accommodation stated in the brochure/website or as detailed in the Confirmation Invoice.
8. Joint Bookings
- The booking should be made in one name only and that person (the Visitor) shall not, without the written consent of SARL Stowaway assign the booking.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing, the holiday price will include all charges for electricity. Visitors must comply with the instructions found in the welcome pack.
10. Loss of Visitor Property
- Except as indicated below, SARL Stowaway cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to any belongings, or for injury sustained by the Visitors or members of his or her party during their stay at the Accommodation. SARL Stowaway excludes liability for loss or damage to any belongings, or for death or injury sustained to the Visitor or members of his or her party during their stay at the Accommodation except to the extent that such injury or loss or damage to any belongings is caused by the negligence or wilful default of SARL Stowaway or where such exclusion or limitation of liability is prohibited by law.
- The Visitor shall be liable for and indemnify SARL Stowaway against any liabilities, damages, claims, costs, losses (whether direct or indirect and including loss of profits) and expenses incurred or paid by SARL Stowaway arising from the Visitor’s use or occupation of the Accommodation which arise from any breach by the Visitor or his or her obligations under the Agreement or from any negligence or wilful default of the Visitor and/or the Visitor’s party.
- No pets can be accepted in Chalets Bleriot or Chiron.
12. Smoking Policy
- Smoking is not allowed within any part of either Chalets Bleriot or Chiron.
13. SARL Stowaway Right of Entry
- SARL Stowaway and/or its agents reserve the right to enter the Accommodation at any reasonable time on reasonable cause; this includes any annual external re-decoration for which access to the inside of the Accommodation will be required, and external windows and doors may be opened during the process.
14. Visitor Obligations
- The Visitor undertakes to keep the Accommodation and all the furniture, fixtures and effects in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the booking period (reasonable wear and tear excepted) and shall pay to SARL Stowaway the value of any part of the Accommodation, furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects so destroyed, damaged or lost as to be in incapable of being restored to its previous condition. Breakages and damage must be reported as soon as possible.
- The Visitor must allow SARL Stowaway or its agent to enter the Accommodation to inspect the state of it, on prior appointment save in emergency when immediate access must be granted.
- The Visitor must not use the Accommodation or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to Enterprises or SARL Stowaway or to any neighbours.
- The Visitor and his or her party must comply with any reasonable regulations relating to the Accommodation of which the Visitor has written notice. Such regulations will normally be found in the welcome pack in the Accommodation.
- Outdoor footwear shall not be worn in the chalet and ski and walking boots shall only be worn in the garage area of the Chalet.
- The Visitor and his or her party must not do anything or permit anything to be done that would or may result in the insurance of the Accommodation becoming void or voidable or the premium on it being increased.
- The road at the front of the property is a private road for sole use by owners, agents or Visitors to the properties adjoining the road. The Visitor and his or her party shall park vehicles within the garage or parking spaces allocated for the appropriate Chalet and not restrict the road or deny access to other owners, agents of visitors to other Chalets that share the road. The Visitor and his or her party shall move any vehicles at the request of SARL Stowaway agent’s to ensure the road can be maintained or cleared of snow.
15. Property Cleanliness
- The Visitor and members of his or her party are asked to leave the Accommodation clean and tidy. SARL Stowaway reserves the right to make a charge or extra cleaning or decorating if the Accommodation is not left in a satisfactory condition.
- The Accommodation shall be for those detailed on the booking form only. Sleeping in tents or motor homes adjacent to the Accommodation is not permitted.
- The Agreement is personal to the Visitor. The Visitor must not use the Accommodation except for the purpose of a holiday by the Visitor and the Visitor’s party during the Holiday Period, and not for any other purpose or longer period.
17. Advance Bookings
- The Chalet can be booked well in advance. It is advisable to book early to avoid disappointment, particularly over school holiday period.
- Every reasonable care will be taken to ensure that the Accommodation is presented to Visitors to a high standard. Should the Visitor find on arrival that there is a problem, or cause for complaint, the Visitor should immediately contact the local contact – detailed in welcome pack. Reasonable steps will then be taken to assist the Visitor. SARL Stowaway will not normally make any refunds in respect of complaints made after the Visitor’s departure from the Accommodation if the Visitor did not make the complaint or the problem known to the local contact during the holiday. If the Visitor wishes to comment on his or her stay a comment/suggestion from may be completed and left for collection by the local agent.
19. Chalet Closures
- If SARL Stowaway permanently withdraw the chalet from holiday use there will normally be substantial notice of this, in this circumstance clause 6 will apply.
20. Arrival and Departure Times
- Adherence to the arrival and departure times forms part of the Agreement and any stay that extends over this period will be subject to a charge being made for additional days. Arrival time is after 4pm on the first day of the holiday and Departure time is before 10.00 am on the last day of the holiday.
- The Visitor will be issued with access to the Accommodation (door key code) on the first day or the Holiday Period and the Visitor must not remove keys from the property at any time. Failure to do so will incur the cost of a replacement set.
21. Right to Evict
- SARL Stowaway reserves the right to evict the Visitor and his or her party (without compensation being payable to the Visitor or any member of his or her party) if this is deemed necessary by SARL Stowaway; for example, should complaints be made of anti social behaviour or unreasonable breakages or damage occurs or smoking restrictions are not observed or the Accommodation is being otherwise misused or there is a material breach by the Visitor or the Agreement.
- The non-exercise by SARL Stowaway of any of its rights under the Agreement in any particular incidence of breach or default by the Visitor shall not constitute a waiver by SARL Stowaway of such right in that or any subsequent incidence.
- Notices shall be sufficiently served if sent by pre-paid first class recorded delivery letter or e-mail to the address appearing in the Confirmation Invoice or such other address as each party may from time to time have communicated in writing to the other. Any notice to be served on the Visitor under the Agreement may be given during the Holiday Period by delivery through the front door of the Accommodation and shall be deemed to have been received upon the expiration of 24 hours after service.
- If any provision of this Agreement is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
25. Rights of Third Parties
- Except for SARL Stowaway, a person who is not a party to the Agreement may not enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
26. No Tenancy
- The Agreement is for the Holiday Period and is not intended to create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the Visitor and SARL Stowaway. The Visitor shall not be entitled to a tenancy, or to any assured shorthold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection or other statutory security of tenure now or upon termination of the Agreement.